George Mason University’s Global Strategies Office, in an effort to promote Mason’s international and far-reaching initiatives, has created an interactive database, the Global Register, making George Mason’s faculty expertise, partner institutions, and unit activities searchable and accessible.
Current content categories in the Global Register include:
- Agreements and memorandums of understanding (MOU)
- International partner institutions
- Unit activities
- Faculty degrees earned abroad
- International media
- Externally funded international research
- Faculty international expertise and activities
- Jointly taught and globally networked courses
- U.S. Department of State country websites
Future categories will include international corporate collaborations, international student numbers by country, international student organizations, study abroad programs, visiting international scholars and international alumni organizations. Faculty wishing to share their expertise can do so through the Register.
More information on the Global Register’s development can be found at the Mason Newsdesk.